Tweak By Material Setting for Wall Components

Tom Klaber

Question

Right now if you have a wall component with a material, the texture options only shows an option to "Revert to Material Texture" if the texture is not set to the material texture.  It would be better if this was set as "Material Texture"  the same way as "Class Texture" is an option.

Am I to understand that if I change the Material settings the wall component will not update with a new texture?

• Like 1

3 answers to this question

Tisk tisk @vectorworks.

Please hire a consistency Czar!!  This is they type of thing that drives me crazy.  On the surface, its just one little sematic / UI kink - but you multiply that by 1000, and we have this software that is gets very confusing for new users.

Me now explaining this to my staff:

You know how you can set a texture of a component to be controlled by a class?  Materials can do the same thing! . . .   But you will not see that option in the drop down like you do for setting it by a class.  After you select a material, go to the texture area and select the dropdown - if you DON'T see "Revert to Material Texture" in that drop down - that means the texture IS currently set to the material setting.  To double check this - please set the texture to a random texture - then select "Revert to Material Texture."   

Why??????  It seams as if it would be exactly as easy to be consistent - almost easier as you do not need to think of new phrasing. There needs to be a higher expectation from the engineering teams than technically completing the task - the implementation of that task MUST meet VW standards and best practices.   

• Like 4