function to check 'sum values' in DB column?

Hi all,

I'm taking my first steps in to Python scripting in Vectorworks. My first project is a worksheet script to create some database rows in a worksheet.

What i could not find in the function reference is how to set the 'sum values' option for a column in a database row. Is there a script function for that?

I found 'SetSprdSortSumColumns' to set summarize and sort, but could not see how to set 'sum values'.

Thank you,

Sebastiaan

Edited by Sebastiaan

Python:

def  vs.AddWSColumnOperator(worksheet, databaseRow, column, operatorType):

   return None

With an operatorType of 2.

// EWSColumnDatabaseOperatorType - worksheet database column operator types.
enum EWSColumnDatabaseOperatorType 

kWSAllOperators = -1,
    kWSSortOperator = 0, 
    kWSSummarizeOperator = 1,
    kWSSumValuesOperator = 2

The inverse function is vs.HasWSColumnOperator.

I have no idea why these are named this way instead of using the standard Get and Set names.

• Like 1
On 9/29/2020 at 5:54 PM, Pat Stanford said:

Python:

def  vs.AddWSColumnOperator(worksheet, databaseRow, column, operatorType):

   return None

With an operatorType of 2.

The inverse function is vs.HasWSColumnOperator.

I have no idea why these are named this way instead of using the standard Get and Set names.

Sorry for the late reply, but thank you! This works well.

No wonder I could not find it, not only is the naming convention different than the other functions, but also the sum values operatortype 2 is not explained in the developer page?

https://developer.vectorworks.net/index.php/VS:AddWSColumnOperator

That is part of what makes this forum great. You have access to a number of nerds who have spent far too long digging into the depths of the documentation (and code) to figure some of this stuff out.

I am looking at @MullinRJ, @Sam Jones, @JBenghiat. I apologize to all the rest of you who have helped me out over the years and am am drawing a blanks on right now.

I think the programming community here for Vectorworks is probably the most helpful (and polite) group I have ever experienced.

• Like 1
50 minutes ago, Pat Stanford said:

That is part of what makes this forum great. You have access to a number of nerds who have spent far too long digging into the depths of the documentation (and code) to figure some of this stuff out.

I am looking at @MullinRJ, @Sam Jones, @JBenghiat. I apologize to all the rest of you who have helped me out over the years and am am drawing a blanks on right now.

I think the programming community here for Vectorworks is probably the most helpful (and polite) group I have ever experienced.

I am very happy that all of you are here!

All of you have inspired me to follow an online Python course, and now I am trying to use that basic knowledge to make my own magic and it's going quite well!

But I would never be able to, without all the helpful users,  information and example code in this forum!