Problem with 6 way truss cornerblock geometry

wadecordts

I keep trying to turn the symbol in the attached file into a truss symbol. It is a 20.5" XSF 6 way cornerblock. It seems like no matter what I do, I cannot get the autoconnect feature to work properly. Please help! I've tried emulating the geometry values from other 20.5" cornerblocks, but I am missing something. Cross section data should be set to ridgid.

XSF 20.5%22 truss symbols.vwx

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

@wadecordts I downloaded your file and set the corner up for you using the proper truss record and the auto connect settings that should apply to corner blocks.  Without having a piece of straight truss to connect to the corner it is hard to confirm is all the settings are correct but testing using the corner appears looks right. I left your original symbol but duplicated it and drew it again to setup with the naming that would be used if I released this myself in the shipped VSS libraries.  Use the symbol I circled in the screenshot as that is the setup symbol.  If you have any questions or issues please DM me and I will be glad to help.

Justin

Screen Shot 2020-09-28 at 9.34.01 AM.png

Setup XSF 20.5%22 truss symbols.vwx