Filter views with different objects

This is probably a no-brainer, but I can't seem to find out how to do this.

When I work with a project, I want to work with one thing at a time once in a while.

So, how do make only i.e all hoists visible? The "Active only" option for classes doesn't really do the trick since it's not including colors, info and so on since they're on different classes.

Hope that makes sense.

In short I'd like to work with hoists, trusses, lights, slabs, walls and so on individually. 

Cheers!

In terms of Visibility (which I think is what you're after) there are two ways to do this in VW's: either By Class, or By (Design) Layer. It all comes down to how you organize (or perhaps re-organize) your file. For instance, there is no reason that all "Hoists" can't be in their on discreet Layer...

In terms of Selection (which can also be very useful), try using Custom Selection. For example, I often find that a s project progresses I need to segregate out certain objects. So I use Custom Selection to select all Red Objects, or all of a certain Class (eg) and then I can place all those objects onto a new Layer, or move them all or change them all.

There is nothing sacrosanct about Design Layers in terms of how one chooses to use them. You just need to be aware about their "Z" height and stacking order.

• Like 2

Or you can use the Custom Selection menu command in combination with the following scripts.

This first one is the most important as it restores the visibility of everything that you hide using the second script;

Show(All);

The second one here hides (makes invisible) all selected objects.

Hide(SEL=TRUE);

Create New Scripts from the Resource Manager with the text above. Then either select the objects you want to hide, or select the objects you want to show and then use Invert Selection from the Edit menu and run the second script. When you are done, run the first script and you will restore the visibility of everything you hid. Class and Layer visibilities will still apply.

• Like 2
On 9/27/2020 at 4:23 PM, CipesDesign said:

In terms of Visibility (which I think is what you're after) there are two ways to do this in VW's: either By Class, or By (Design) Layer. It all comes down to how you organize (or perhaps re-organize) your file. For instance, there is no reason that all "Hoists" can't be in their on discreet Layer...

In terms of Selection (which can also be very useful), try using Custom Selection. For example, I often find that a s project progresses I need to segregate out certain objects. So I use Custom Selection to select all Red Objects, or all of a certain Class (eg) and then I can place all those objects onto a new Layer, or move them all or change them all.

There is nothing sacrosanct about Design Layers in terms of how one chooses to use them. You just need to be aware about their "Z" height and stacking order.

Thanks! I'll try that one out as well as the other tricks. Cheers!

11 hours ago, Pat Stanford said:

Or you can use the Custom Selection menu command in combination with the following scripts.

This first one is the most important as it restores the visibility of everything that you hide using the second script;

Show(All);

The second one here hides (makes invisible) all selected objects.

Hide(SEL=TRUE);

Create New Scripts from the Resource Manager with the text above. Then either select the objects you want to hide, or select the objects you want to show and then use Invert Selection from the Edit menu and run the second script. When you are done, run the first script and you will restore the visibility of everything you hid. Class and Layer visibilities will still apply.

Thanks Pat, the coding thing scares me a bit, but I might try it out eventually 😃

Cheer!