Sign in to follow this  
Kapa

Plant tag formatting

The plant tag displays plant spacing in inches. I would like the spacing to be in feet.

How can I make this change. I selected quanity/common name/ spacing under the tag command in the edit plant catalog.

I'm going to assume you mean "spread", not "spacing", as spacing is not an option. To get the number in feet, simply change the units of your drawing from "feet and inches" to "feet" using the Units... command.

I had the document setup chosen at "feet & inches". But it show 4'-6" as 54 inches. When I changed the units to feet like you suggested, The plant tag rounded the spread to 5 feet. Now, that is not accurate enough for me. I am puzzled. Is this the best the program can do?

You have to set the degree of rounding in your Units dialog. The plant should display the spread at the document settings, including the number of digits after the decimal point.

I went into Document setup and changed the unit name to feet. Rounding decimal to .005. Rounding base 5. The spread shown for the plant in the object info was 5.5. The plant tag displays the spread at 6. Am I making setup the correct place?

Kapa, I went back and looked at the code. The code automatically resets the numbers in the tag to whole numbers (integers) unless the quantity for the plant defintion is set to "area" instead of "count". Try this for your plants. You should be able to see two decimal places of accuracy.

Robert,

I tried this. It does not affect the spacing units , only the quantitiy of plants on my drawing.

Kapa