Drawing Label - how to set number style

I'm assuming you are referring to the new Drawing Label Tool. You can choose which style to add to the drawing using the pull-down menu in the mode bar. You can also edit, create and style any label to suit your needs now using the plug-in styles functions.

Edited by markdd
19 minutes ago, markdd said:

I'm assuming you are referring to the new Drawing Label Tool. If you can choose which style to add to the drawing using the pull-down menu in the mode bar. You can also edit, create and style any label to suit your needs now using the plug-in styles functions.

That was my thinking as well, however Drawing and Sheet don't seem to be an option.  I could duplicate the style and create a drawing and number style  . . . but this was already a option in previous versions.  Why do I suspect one of the gurus will let me know it its now part of some automation and once configured all will be amazing?

Screen Shot 2020-09-25 at 11.40.18 AM.jpg

You're correct that it's no longer an OIP parameter, you literally just need to choose a different style that includes it as part of the layout. So choose "Replace" in the Style dropdown, then find one of the defaults that has both Drawing # and Sheet #, like this:

2134011450_ScreenShot2020-09-25at11_05_23AM.thumb.png.c9bc44eb91bd470069c22267b05f8f5a.png

Think of Styles as different symbols or pre-determined layouts for Drawing Labels. When you need different configurations you just switch which Style is being used.

Edited by Andy Broomell
  • Like 2

A follow up question as I update my template to use Drawing Label styles.  I can edit each style setting font and text size, however I can't seem to find the setting to get the word "Scale" to be all caps.  I have selected the text in the Edit Drawings Label Layout and then set the font, size and the upper case - it still shows as capitalized lower case.  In earlier  versions there was an option to select capitalized or all caps.  Can anyone point me towards the setting to control this in the drawing label style?

Screen Shot 2020-09-26 at 10.13.29 AM.jpg

• Like 1