can you remove storey attributes from walls (help!)

stevewrightni

hi,

Ive been practising on Vectorworks - generally i have always drawn up plans in 2d, and decided later if i wanted to draw up in 3d or not.

as this is not the modern thinking way, i thought i would start from scratch with the intention of producing a 3d model.

thought i had set up my stories and wall heights correctly, drew up the plans and whilst the ground and first floors were seperated by 2900mm, none of the walls had any heights. i clicked different things inthe object info tab to no avail. I set up a new drawing, copy pasted into this but still no luck.

Decided maybe i should avoid stories, and just set the wall height via the layer height - the only problem now is that all the walls i have drawn (full survey of 2 floors) are now flashing red saying they have storey attributes that no longer exist! If i draw a new wall, its shown as the layer height which is what i want, but is there a way to remove the storey attributes from all these walls without having to redraw them all again?

Thanks Pat - i went back through the resource browser and realised there are wall styles that can be bound and unbound to stories, so ive been able to select a new style and copy the attributes across to get my wall heights in. Does seem a bit odd though that even if there is a storey attribute wall, that if you enter the wall height in the object info palette this should override it (eg, i may have storey height set to 3000mm, but want 1 particular wall to only be 2500mm)

On 9/25/2020 at 10:52 AM, stevewrightni said:

makes no difference? still get the error flash up that the wall has storey attributes which no longer exist

image.thumb.png.a71c3340bae7224b228f0555e1c80023.png

This can be so frustrating and makes your head spin and wonder if trying to model 3D to develop your 2D documents is worth the learning curve.  Even tho you have an "Unstyled" wall click on that STYLE in the Object Info Palette end edit the wall style.  Go into Edit for each component of the wall composition and set the top and bottom  to RELATIVE TO WALL.  I would then save that style with a name that will be a resource for the wall but I think it will work as the current "unstyled" wall type (even without saving) and allow you to set the height and bottom there in the Object info palette shown on your screen shot.

Edited by Inspectorjack
  • Like 1