How to change formatting of Arrow text

Rob Sherman

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
On 9/25/2020 at 7:34 PM, Rob Sherman said:

Thank you @Nikolay Zhelyazkov.

I actually less interested in specific font or color. What I am interested in is changing the order that the text shows up in as well as change the shape of the oval around the info to a rectangle. Is that hard coded?

- Yes, the shape and the order of the text are hard coded.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hi Rob,

We're looking at how to improve user customisation for the Circuit object. So I wanted to re-open this thread. I see you posted an image of these "feather-style" arrows. I wondered if you could decode the text inside them for me. And generally let me know what you find missing in terms of the look of these objects in ConnectCAD.

Best regards

Conrad

@Conrad Preen The text is relatively similar to what ConnectCAD provides.

For example, the top listed off page reference shows PriDante-RJ45 which is the port name, AV21-401 which is the page name, and DSP-SlotA which is the device name. In this case that is the A slot of a modular DSP.

In general we like the squared shape for off page references over the oval CC uses because the rectangles perfectly stack and create a very clean looking area when you have lots of off page references in one spot.

Our standard is that pages should reference only one room so that installers aren't hunting around to find which sheet their equipment is on. This leads to lots of off page references.

In the case of something like a Rack Room network hub you will often have entire switches that will be completely off page referenced out to the various rooms throughout the building that those lines run to.

Edited by Rob Sherman