ConnectCAD 2021 SignalTypes and ConnectorTypes

Wade

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
Just now, Wade said:

Thanks @Nikolay Zhelyazkov

In my case it seems to have wiped out some of the files in my 2020 connectCAD_Data folder.
I've copied the folder and copied in SignalTypes and ConnectorTypes I had saved elsewhere and it seems to have done the trick. 

Thanks,
Wade

This is really strange. Do you remember what did you do before your files got deleted?

Just now, Nikolay Zhelyazkov said:

This is really strange. Do you remember what did you do before your files got deleted?

Pretty sure I only installed 2021 then used the migration manager.
When I noticed some SignalTypes and ConnectorTypes I usually use were missing I looked in the plugins and found no ConnectCAD folder. Thought they may have changed the way its intergrated and or done something differently. 
I went back to find where the old SignalTypes and ConnectorTypes wew in 2020 and found they had gone missing. Maybe the migration manager tried to move instead of copy them?

4 minutes ago, Wade said:

Maybe the migration manager tried to move instead of copy them?

The Migration Manager should have not done anything with this folder.

I tried following your steps and did not manage to get any connectCAD files deleted. Let me know if you are able to reproduce this again. A screen recording showing the steps would be great if possible.

Thanks,
Nikolay Zhelyazkov

• 8 months later...

I copied the folder and the SignalTypes and ConnectorTypes files.
Seemed to work fine for the first file I opened.
The next file I've opened has all the IO connectors but no connector names and all of the input connectors and all of the output connectors appear to have been deleted.

Hi @Wade

Yes Plug-ins\ConnectCAD_Data is still the place where the signal and connector types go. I am a bit puzzled by what you're seeing but I have nothing to go on yet. Could you PM me the file that has the disappearing names? and also the Signal and Connector types files that you want to add? Could be something to do with the format of those.

Conrad

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Just to add in this realm, I downloaded 2021 brand new and had no migration for connectcad.  The file ConnectCAD_Data never existed in my files to begin with.  I need to make some custom signal and connector types but the things to know forum version of those files are blank now.  Can anyone help me get started on this?

12 hours ago, Dendecko said:

Just to add in this realm, I downloaded 2021 brand new and had no migration for connectcad.  The file ConnectCAD_Data never existed in my files to begin with.  I need to make some custom signal and connector types but the things to know forum version of those files are blank now.  Can anyone help me get started on this?

Hello @Dendecko,

The easiest way to go for this would be to copy the app folder signal and connector types files, paste them in your user folder, edit the files and delete their contents, leaving only the header rows that tell you what to have in the file and how to structure it and then add your custom data. It is important to know that the files are using the "tab-separated" format, which means that the data is separated in columns, each column separated from the one after it with a tab.

Here are the empty signal/connector types files for you to directly start adding your data in them.

Best Regards,

Nikolay Zhelyazkov

ConnectorTypes.txt SignalTypes.txt

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

I migrated from 2020 to 2021 as well and can't seem to get my customized ConnectCad SignalTypes and ConnectorTypes files to transfer over. I copied them from the same 2020 folder to the identical 2021 folder (Vectorworks/2021/Plug-ins/ConnectCad Data). When complete and I open either folder, they both are empty as shown in the attached image. Despite this, when using the software you do see all the factory connectors and settings. Where are those coming from? So, how would I transfer my 2020 data over or even manually enter it all again? Thanks!1158332482_ScreenShot2021-08-08at1_43_03PM.thumb.png.4a17e4177cc5479991781bc4beee1b41.png   

11 hours ago, mark4 said:

I migrated from 2020 to 2021 as well and can't seem to get my customized ConnectCad SignalTypes and ConnectorTypes files to transfer over. I copied them from the same 2020 folder to the identical 2021 folder (Vectorworks/2021/Plug-ins/ConnectCad Data). When complete and I open either folder, they both are empty as shown in the attached image. Despite this, when using the software you do see all the factory connectors and settings. Where are those coming from? So, how would I transfer my 2020 data over or even manually enter it all again? Thanks!1158332482_ScreenShot2021-08-08at1_43_03PM.thumb.png.4a17e4177cc5479991781bc4beee1b41.png   

Hello @mark4,

Can you zip your 2021 user folder and send it to me. That way I will be able to see what is going wrong.

Best Regards,

Nikolay Zhelyazkov