Lightwright won't read copied fixtures

A.D.K.

Lightwright data exchange working great, except it won't read fixtures that were created in VW by copying other fixtures.  It reads fixtures inserted with fixture insert tool just fine, but not when it's been copied.  This holds even if the fixture has totally different data than the original. 

Once I manually add the fixture to LW, it doesn't pull the rest of the data from that fixture in VW, but it doesn't throw a conflict/errror.

Any fix?  Is this a vw problem, or a lw problem?

Thanks!

Edited by A.D.K.

Wait a sec, does this say only if the copying was done *after* data exchange has been initiated? Because that's a pretty easy fix... Turn it all off and on again and dump it in a new LW6 file. 

Disregard panic. I thought I did that and it didn't work, but I must have been tired/frustrated and did it wrong. 

When I said "it only screws up if Data Exchange has been started", that really means "If you have ever connected the .vwx file to Lightwright or want to connect in the future." not "when you are currently connected to Lightwright." The problem is that the Vectorworks and Lightwright UIDs aren't being duplicated properly during any copy/mirror/duplicate operation in Vectorworks.

• Like 1
Just now, Lightwright said:

When I said "it only screws up if Data Exchange has been started", that really means "If you have ever connected the .vwx file to Lightwright or want to connect in the future." not "when you are currently connected to Lightwright." The problem is that the Vectorworks and Lightwright UIDs aren't being duplicated properly during any copy/mirror/duplicate operation in Vectorworks.

Thank you for clarification. 

I guess I'll be sticking to 2020 for a while.  What a pain.