Project Sharing Troubles

Dylan

Hello everyone,

Our office just started using Project Sharing for one of our jobs and for the most part it works great. We have been running into some issues and I'm wondering if anyone is running into the same ones.

Firstly, approximately every two weeks our Master file corrupts and we have to replace it from its backup file. While this isn't too much trouble, I get the feeling that it shouldn't be happening. 

Secondly, from time to time, walls/door/other symbols will delete. Its just two of us working on the file and we're not doing the deleting. Has anyone else had elements of their buildings disappear? 

The last issue might not be project sharing related (but maybe it is?). We've started using data tags for doors and windows. The door tags work fine but most of the window tags will empty (become blank) on plan and elevation views. The windows are there and haven't been modified at all. There's no rhyme or reason as to which window tags go blank or when it happens.

Here's the info about our system

We are all working on Mac computers but our server is communicating with SMB (I've reached out to our IT folks to ask why it doesn't run AFP). The master file is located on our office server.

VW 2020 SO% (Build 562257) (64 Bit)

Mac OS 10.14.6

2.6 GHz i7

16 GB memory

Radeon Pro 460 4 GB

It looks like we will be working with Project Sharing more often and it would be great to have these issues sorted out.

Cheers,

Dylan