Sign in to follow this  
Bruce Kieffer

VW 12.0.1 Enable Interactive Scaling Mode Seriously Broken

The selection tool's enable interactive scaling mode keeps turning itself off. Pressing the "U" key will turn it on and off, but I know I'm not accidentally pressing that key. I even went into the workspace editor and turned off that key modifier, but the random turning off of the "mode" continues. Are others noticing this problem?

Hi Bruce, Yes I have seen this, but it is pretty rare. I generally just re-activate the mode and get on with it. If you (or anyone) can figure out the exact steps required to reproduce it with certainty then you should send it to bugsubmit :-)

Hopefully no offense taken - none implied...

I've never had it happen and thought there might be bit of dust in the keys making it stick...

quote:

Originally posted by David Ormsby:

Stupid question, but is it possible your keyboard is old and/or needs a bit of cleaning?

David,

I have this happen on two new computers, both are very clean. I am my mother's son!

[ 03-12-2006, 06:40 PM: Message edited by: Bruce Kieffer ]

I run into this problem often. because I was an Adobe user before I was a VW user, my hand is trained to do a space-Apple to zoom. Usually about the third time I use this, the mode has changed. I change it back and soon it is back. I love the scroll wheel zoom and scroll button pan, but if there is anything this boards has taught those of us here for a while, old habits die hard....

I've tried to track it down, but because it is an almost instinctive move, if I am thinking about it, I use the scroll wheel instead....but I will keep track....

I haven't ever heard of "command+spacebar" for zooming, but I have the same problem with the interactive scaling tool turning itself off sporadically. I have been trying to figure out what causes it for weeks, but to me it seems completely random. It's annoying! I would say that it happens to me 50-100 times a day.