VW 12.0.1 Enable Interactive Scaling Mode Seriously Broken

The selection tool's enable interactive scaling mode keeps turning itself off. Pressing the "U" key will turn it on and off, but I know I'm not accidentally pressing that key. I even went into the workspace editor and turned off that key modifier, but the random turning off of the "mode" continues. Are others noticing this problem?

I run into this problem often. because I was an Adobe user before I was a VW user, my hand is trained to do a space-Apple to zoom. Usually about the third time I use this, the mode has changed. I change it back and soon it is back. I love the scroll wheel zoom and scroll button pan, but if there is anything this boards has taught those of us here for a while, old habits die hard....

I've tried to track it down, but because it is an almost instinctive move, if I am thinking about it, I use the scroll wheel instead....but I will keep track....

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't ever heard of "command+spacebar" for zooming, but I have the same problem with the interactive scaling tool turning itself off sporadically. I have been trying to figure out what causes it for weeks, but to me it seems completely random. It's annoying! I would say that it happens to me 50-100 times a day.