Cable Numbers not readable (too small) on A0 print out

CHA

I think this is not a 100% ConnectCAD only thing, since publishing is a standard VW function, but the font size e.g. of cable numbering is not editable (at list that's what I think). Scaling the printout too small makes cable numbers unreadable.

I try to print out a blockdiagram created with Connect CAD.

In my case I have a A0 plotter (Canon iPF770)

Scale of my Viewport is 1 : 1.625

Detail Level is set to "high"

Sheet Layer "Raster Rendering DPI" is set to 1200

I use the publish function to create a PDF file and then I print the pdf via the Mac OS Preview program.

In this font size the cable numbers get a bit blurry (maybe due to printer or settings?) and reading them always includes guessing.

Are there some settings that may affect the blurry effect on the print out or is it a combination of scaling too small and quality of the printer?

Or do i have to rearrange and split the actual block diagram into several viewports with a lower scale?

The objects on the Rack Elevation seem to have proportions for higher scaling.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
42 minutes ago, CHA said:

the font size e.g. of cable numbering is not editable

Well actually it is ... what you do is create a new Text Style in the Resource Manager and then go into the Class Editor and edit the class Sys-CircuitNumbers. In the class edit dialog set your new text style as the class text style and all your numbers will follow the new style.

There's always a way in ConnectCAD 🙂

Conrad

• Like 1

Thank you @Conrad Preen for the really quick answer.

After playing around with the viewports and having in mind, that we internally want to have guide lines for a corporate look in all drawings, I decided to leave the font size as it is and the scale permanent set to 1:1.

Changing the font size would have led to further problems. Now I only need to play device Tetris and split some viewports.

For the future I will stay save with now established workflows. Still learning every day;-)

• 2 years later...