Page based symbol query

Tom W.

Hi

I'm having issues with the way text is displayed in page based symbols inserted in the annotations of a viewport.

I copied Tamsin Slatter's v nice parking symbol to use in a map:

108695827_Screenshot2020-09-22at09_53_01.thumb.png.6f583506e6aa12c9ea1ed9d714e8b8e1.png

but when i export to PDF I'm finding the text is sometimes displaying at an oblique angle:

2083440665_Screenshot2020-09-22at09_53_16.thumb.png.5376d73b52c954e30498b9d4e3fefdd3.png

I messed around a bit + found that changing the Scaling setting for the symbol in the OIP from None to Symmetric seemed to resolve the issue. I have no idea why but it did. The problem is that now this doesn't seem to be working any more so I've got some displaying correctly + some not + no idea the reason why or what I need to do to correct it.

Any guidance would be gratefully received.

Thanks

Tom

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hi Tom
Thanks for the credit... did I really make that symbol? If so, I'm glad you like it! But I am also sorry it is giving you some issues.
I've not come across this before, but here's a suggestion:

• Edit the symbol, and select the text.
  • Choose Text > Convert Text to Polylines on the menu.
  • Exit the symbol.

This stops the text being perceived as text in the PDF, and might solve the problem...