w & d schedules incorrect (ID Label)

I'm having a lot of difficulty with the id labels. When I label a window, the size noted on the schedule is incorrect. Originally all my windows were symbols, when I labeled them, they converted to windows that use the old symbol geometry. This is fine. The problem is that the 'overall height' & 'overall width' are changed to non related sizes and they are greyed out so I can't correct them.

The window is 4'6" x 4'0" visually but the schedule says it is 2'6" x 4'0".

I checked the symbol the windows are referencing and all of its information is still correct.

I want to use this tool but it is causing too much trouble!

Sorry, I am using v12.0.1

I have been going through the tutorials, and books for v12 and I believe I isolated the problem:

When I check the 'use symbol geometry' box in the window preferences dialog box, many attributes such as the size and type are grayed out. The information that is grayed out is what ends up on the schedule, not the data from the symbol that is selected.

In order to correct this, I have to uncheck the 'use symbol geometry' box, correct the information, then recheck the box. This defeats the purpose of having window symbols.

Please understand that visually, the window looks like the symbol. It is the data reflected on the worksheet that is incorrect.

Thank you for your time

Ariana