VW fails to retain class visibilities in Saved Views

line-weight

Question

This is a problem I'm experiencing in a VW2018 file.

If this is a problem that fails to replicate in later versions, I suppose there will not be much interest in fixing it, but in case it does:

- The attached file is a stripped-down version of a working file (which is quite complex with a large number of classes and saved views). I've deleted all the geometry but the problem can still be seen. To replicate:

1) Open the organisation dialogue

2) Select the "classes" tab and the "visibilities" (rather than "details") button

3) I've numbered saved views SV 1 through SV 4. And there are 4 classes named CLASS A through CLASS D.

4) You will see that CLASS A is visible in all saved views, and classes B, C and D are not visible in any saved view.

5) Try setting CLASS B to be visible in all saved views (by selecting CLASS B in the left-most pane, and changing the settings in the saved view pane at far right).

6) Now select CLASS A in the left-most pane.

7) Now select CLASS B again, in the left most pane.

8 ) My result here is that VW has retained the "CLASS B = visible" settings for SV 3 and SV 4, but it has reverted this setting for SV 1 and SV 2, which have CLASS B as invisible.

It seems that VW does not want to remember changed settings for SV 1 and SV 2, but it will do for SV 3 and SV 4. I can't figure out anything about SV 1 and 2 that is different. Any ideas why this is happening?

classvis_test copy.vwx

3 answers to this question