Making creating sub-subclasses through navigation pallette a bit easier

Art V

Question

Currently in VW2021 you can create an additional sub-subclass by right clicking on the sub-class and select new, but this only works when there is already at least one sub-subclass present.

If there is no sub-subclass to the current sub-class, e.g. because the sub-class is already defined but the sub-subclasses not yet so the sub-class is a placeholder, then this is not possible.

It would be nice if there could be an option to create a subclass to the existing class/subclass through the right click pop-up menu when clicking on a (sub)class and have the option to create either a same level (sub)class or a subclass to the currently selected class level.

e.g.

Test-Option1-ground

Test-Option1-water

Now If I right click on "Option1" in the navigation palette and select new, it will create a new subclass to Option1.

e.g Test-Option1-building

If there would also be a class Test-Option2 (without subclasses) and I right click on "Option2" and then select new then I can only create a same level subclass e.g. Test-Option3 but I would like to create a subclass to "Option2" e.g. to create Test-Option2-building.

A way to solve this would be to have an option in e.g. the naming dialogue that pops up to select whether the new class is at the same level or a subclass to the selected subclass as described above, or to have the options of same level/sub-class selectable in the pop-up menu under new

Edited by Art V

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet