Gabriel-VW

Rendering on Cloud not working - Render comes out white

Rendering locally on my computer would render fine but when rendering from the cloud, the image comes out mostly white. Is there a setting or something we're missing? It was previously working fine up until a few days ago and then realized I wasn't the only one with the issue. Using VW 2020. Below you can see rendered locally on the left and without changing any settings, the cloud render on the right.

Screen Shot 2020-09-16 at 5.23.23 PM.png

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the reply. Sorry for the large file. I try to do mockup at 150DPI w/ the Interior Fast Renderwork Style (lower quality) to see how things are looking and how lighting looks then switching to a higher quality Renderworks Style at 300DPI. There's an issue with both. I've played around with a lot of settings and once it worked when messing with the background render (HDRI White) but stopped working again.

Appreciate the help!

Reception 20200917.vwx

Reception 20200917.vwx

• Like 1

Thanks for the file, how were you generating the PDF was this with Generate PDF in the web browser or publish or ?

@Gabriel-VW We are seeing the same bug.  The cloud renderings are working fine when initiated from VW 2021 but not from 2020.  I will let you know when we have a fix up there.

• Like 1

Hello again @Gabriel-VW  We found the reason for this bug and put in a fix for 2021 Service Pack 1 which is very soon.  I will let you know when the cloud rendering is corrected.

Hello everyone,

The fix for this issue has been deployed to our production servers. Please check it and let us know if you continue to have any issues.

Hi About Cloud Services - I have an animation to create on VW 2021 and last week I sent two saved view animations to the VW Services Cloud to render, at high resolution,  but two days later got a mesage to say they timed-out, neither was done. There's no reason givien and I've lost that time, which is a setback.

So I've gone back to trying to do it on my computer. I have my saved views ready but every time I try to create an animation, the Object info palette comes up with the title 3 Objects or 2 Objects instead of giving me an Animation to preview and then create.  Some of my views have different names, is that the problem? I've cleared away earlier animations showing on the drawing but that doesn't help. My 3D model was drawn quite a long time ago with z heights, not a landscape survey terrain, so I can't use the animation path method. As I tried this earlier and views were going below ground, so I gave up with this method went back to the saved view animation. Now that won't work. Can anyone help with this?

Many thanks.