Rendering on Cloud not working - Render comes out white

Gabriel-VW

Rendering locally on my computer would render fine but when rendering from the cloud, the image comes out mostly white. Is there a setting or something we're missing? It was previously working fine up until a few days ago and then realized I wasn't the only one with the issue. Using VW 2020. Below you can see rendered locally on the left and without changing any settings, the cloud render on the right.

Screen Shot 2020-09-16 at 5.23.23 PM.png

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the reply. Sorry for the large file. I try to do mockup at 150DPI w/ the Interior Fast Renderwork Style (lower quality) to see how things are looking and how lighting looks then switching to a higher quality Renderworks Style at 300DPI. There's an issue with both. I've played around with a lot of settings and once it worked when messing with the background render (HDRI White) but stopped working again.

Appreciate the help!

Reception 20200917.vwx

Reception 20200917.vwx

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi About Cloud Services - I have an animation to create on VW 2021 and last week I sent two saved view animations to the VW Services Cloud to render, at high resolution,  but two days later got a mesage to say they timed-out, neither was done. There's no reason givien and I've lost that time, which is a setback.

So I've gone back to trying to do it on my computer. I have my saved views ready but every time I try to create an animation, the Object info palette comes up with the title 3 Objects or 2 Objects instead of giving me an Animation to preview and then create.  Some of my views have different names, is that the problem? I've cleared away earlier animations showing on the drawing but that doesn't help. My 3D model was drawn quite a long time ago with z heights, not a landscape survey terrain, so I can't use the animation path method. As I tried this earlier and views were going below ground, so I gave up with this method went back to the saved view animation. Now that won't work. Can anyone help with this?

Many thanks.

• 2 months later...
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hi @KIT KOLLMEYER,

Thank you for letting us know about this problem! We did an initial investigation of the issue and believe that it is specific to submitting Panorama jobs from a Working file (.vwxw). As a workaround, we suggest you try saving the working file as a .vwx file.

Go to file File > Save A Copy As and then select .vwx from the file type dropdownScreenshot 2020-12-16 at 15.50.35.png

Try submitting the job from the .vwx file while we work on a fix for this issue.

I apologize for the inconvenience!

Best regards,

Iskra Nikolova

• Like 1
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee
On 10/12/2020 at 4:06 AM, Diana A said:

I have my saved views ready but every time I try to create an animation, the Object info palette comes up with the title 3 Objects or 2 Objects instead of giving me an Animation to preview and then create.

@Diana A,

If you start the Create animation menu command while having one or more objects selected, at the end, the object info palette will display +1 objects selected. The additional object selected is the newly created Animation path. Make sure you start the Create Animation menu command without having any other object selected in order to end up with just the animation path object selected at the end of the operation.

Regarding the Cloud processing - yes there is a 48 hr limit for Animation jobs. The time taken to complete the job depends on the complexity of the model, the rendering mode, the movie duration, the number of frames per second, and the resolution selected for the output movie. Also, it is possible for some frames to take way longer to render than others.  For example, if the roughness quality is turned way up and the movie pans to an area of the model that fills the screen with rough reflections then those particular frames will take much longer than average.  To see if the movie would succeed at all, try turning down number of frames per second so that the complete movie is tried but the test won’t take tens of hours to do. If that works then slowly increase number of frames. 

Please let me know if I can help you with anything else.

Best regards,

Iskra Nikolova

@inikolova between Nov 25 and Dec 1, I exported about 150 panos (all revisions of the same file). About every 15 exports, I’d get the white render. I wasn’t able to make sense of what caused it, so I would just immediately re-export, and it would be fine. From memory, I think a few of them were user error — that I would forget to return to the saved view before exporting. I’m on v2021 sp2.