Changing views only effects active design layer... Help!

OK, another day, another beginner problem...

I'm doing the Michael Grove lesson 'Landmark essentials seminar and all of a sudden I have a very odd issue.

My views are only changing in the active design layer.

non selected layers stay on the view (top/plan or right iso etc) that they were on.

If i select a new design layer then only object on that layer are affected by view changes and flyover changes - panning and zooming works for all design layers.

Starting with the view set to top/plan and Existing design layer active:

737699737_topplan-existingselected.thumb.jpg.ab67d40e06b799fddfd91bda92cf578a.jpg

After switching to right iso with Existing active only the active layer updates:

1860460813_rightiso-existingselected.thumb.jpg.86884f736f75c47ddd18b43c771237fb.jpg

In this screen grab I've gone back to the start position (all layers set to top/plan), and then made Plot Plan layer active, and then switched to right iso

This time the active Plot Plan layer changes to new view settings:

:1706325333_rightiso-plotplanselected.thumb.jpg.9112653878f8d66d4264c1c7f6aea479.jpg

now if I make Existing the active layer, the view setting shows that it is still set to top plan:

272008496_reselectingexistingshowsitsettotopplan.thumb.jpg.0eb1aed937eb5a2fc54d4b950736a59d.jpg

Have I entered some setting by accident?

Possible related issue, when I tried to reproduce in a new file the objects on different design layers are not visible -  EVEN WHEN design layers is set to show/snap others.

Acts like it is set to active only... But,  all design layers are showing view changes and flyover  on all layers as I expect.

Just can't see multiple design layers at once no mater what setting the layer options dropdown is set to.

NOTES:

VW 2021 - just purchased and installed yesterday.

Windows 10 with an I-7-6700K cpu, AMD FirePro card and 16GB memory

I think you have accidentally de-activated "Unified View"

If that is OFF, (legacy mode),

each Layer acts independently for View Rotations.

You will find it in Menu > View

Or you can add an Icon for it to your Top Bar.

Also check its sub settings to avoid further irritations.

This is a large trap for all VW beginners.

• Like 1
  • JuanP locked this topic