Socket report by device

t-bud

Is there a way to create a report that will list all devices, and what is connected to each socket of that Device?  

I know I can do a Circuit report sorted by Source Device, but I would like a way to be able to get over information from the Device that is not included in the Circuit Record.

Or maybe a way to map information from source devices into user fields in Circuit record

Looking to create a report that would show each device, listing each socket in the device(connected or not), and if there is a connection, information from the circuit that is connected to the socket.

Below is an illustration of report columns.

Device.name | Device.model | socket.name | socket.signal | circuit.number | circuit.cable | circuit.cable length

Does that make sense?

What I am trying to do is create a report that will allow me to quickly see what is connected to each device, where ports may be available, and create panel labels listing what is connected to each socket.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

What we are asking for here is to link up data from more than one table.  In SQL this is called a JOIN. Vectorworks can't do a JOIN right now.

I agree completely that reports like these would be very useful. I will make a bid for this, but I also want it done right. So please be patient. It will happen. The more voices are heard here asking for this the better.

Thanks everyone!

Conrad

• Like 1