Quick search result is gray

MartinBlomberg

Question

6 answers to this question

7 hours ago, MartinBlomberg said:

Hi,

When I use the quick search (thank you for this feature, love it!) the result comes up grey most of the time, but not all the time.

Why is this? For this example I want to change the lighting options, but it's grayed out, please see image.

thanks!

In the case of "Set Lighting Options" - are you on a Sheet Layer when trying to search for that? In that scenario it's greyed out in the View menu, so it's also greyed out in the Quick Search results.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
11 hours ago, MartinBlomberg said:

Hi,

When I use the quick search (thank you for this feature, love it!) the result comes up grey most of the time, but not all the time.

Why is this? For this example I want to change the lighting options, but it's grayed out, please see image.

thanks!

Hi Martin,

This is a Windows only issue that we have recently found and we are working on a fix for it.  The problem is a focus issue when you have the document window in focus and you launch quick search with a single key press.  If you use the menu shortcut for quick search instead of the single key press, or you click on the menu bars first you won't see the issue.

As a quick workaround, instead of using the single key press to launch quick search you can use the " Ctrl + , " shortcut that is assigned to the Quick Search menu item under the Tools menu.  You can customize this menu shortcut to whatever you would like in the workspace editor.

Sorry for the problem and we hope to get it fixed soon!

Best Regards,

Ian

10 hours ago, Ian Lane said:

Hi Martin,

This is a Windows only issue that we have recently found and we are working on a fix for it.  The problem is a focus issue when you have the document window in focus and you launch quick search with a single key press.  If you use the menu shortcut for quick search instead of the single key press, or you click on the menu bars first you won't see the issue.

As a quick workaround, instead of using the single key press to launch quick search you can use the " Ctrl + , " shortcut that is assigned to the Quick Search menu item under the Tools menu.  You can customize this menu shortcut to whatever you would like in the workspace editor.

Sorry for the problem and we hope to get it fixed soon!

Best Regards,

Ian

Thanks Ian for the response.

I'll change the command for now then. 

Warm regards, Martin

15 hours ago, Andy Broomell said:

In the case of "Set Lighting Options" - are you on a Sheet Layer when trying to search for that? In that scenario it's greyed out in the View menu, so it's also greyed out in the Quick Search results.

No, I'm in design layer. It works when I click the menu but not with the quick search.

Obiviously a bug, according to Ian Lane.

Cheer!