hatches not scaling as expected in viewports

When applying a hatch to an object in a design layer, I can get it to look right using the attribute mapping tool. 

The hatch then doesn't scale and look how I expect when it is sent to a viewport?

I have a feeling there is a setting somewhere I am missing, but it isn't very intuitive. When you select a hatch from the attribute pallette, how do you quickly set it so it will scale properly in a viewport?

It will depend on whether the Hatch is a Page-based or World-Based hatch. Page-based hatches are Green in the resource manager and World-based hatches are black.

Page Based resources will not scale and are always the same size. World-Based resources will scale depending on the scale of your viewport. 

What scale is your design layer and what scale is your intended output? To use the WYSIWYG functionality of Design Layer scaling, you should have Design Layer Scaling as close as possible to the intended output.

Thanks for your message. They way I work is that I would always want things to scale up and down (as viewports may be set at various scales for construction detailing). I am not sure why you would want page based, but annoyingly it looks like alot of what I need is marked green. Is there a quick way of getting the hatches you want to be World based as you choose them from the attribute pallette? (I don't really have time to change and resave everything in the Resource Manager)

The first thing I would say, especially as you are coming over from sketchup is not to discount the design layer scaling approach. It is actually very powerful and has been a key feature of vectorworks for some years.

Most people output primarily to one or two scales and then detail according to their needs. Page-based resources can be individually scaled within viewports in the Advanced Tab.

The answer to your question is no, not that I am aware of. However, if you want to change a page-based hatch to a World-based hatch, then right click on the resource in the resource manager and select Edit. After that just check the radio button that says World-based and you will have converted the hatch. Can I suggest that you duplicate the hatch first though so that you have a version of each type.