an unhappy user.

"Hundreds of resource libraries are available for use with the Vectorworks application, and you can add custom libraries, as well."

Yeah - I guess I believed that. I choose vectorworks because I loved the plant graphics for site plans. And I was led to believe that some of those tree and plant symbols were included with Architect package. The best I can tell - there are 4 or 5 trees that are so detailed it caused my drawing file to get really large really fast...and I crashed.

So do I have to upgrade to Designer to get any of that ?

2 hours ago, CipesDesign said:

John, I have the Designer package and there are indeed a lot of tree and plant symbols, 2d and 3d, included. I am not certain of what is included in Architect package. Perhaps they are hiding, or perhaps you will need to upgrade. I recommend that you contact your sales rep and ask. 

Thanks Peter,

Well - I have found more "plants". But I don't seem to have the "plant" tool in the Architect package. And the additional plants I found show up in perspectives - but do not show in plan. Perhaps I am mistaken, but I thought a plan graphic of the plant would appear when one changed to the plan view?

Yes, My initial impression was to get the Designer package to get the functionality that I wanted. I was talked down to the Architect package by a sales rep...Anyway, I am just learning the program and have just now arrived at this point. But I have a pending deadline early this week. I can make things work for now....and now I know for certain the extra functionality that "landscape" offers is what I need.

Its a learning process.

By the way - I got the VB trees to work quite well. And am using the image prop trees to create a background tree line...and image prop grasses and plants for the foreground. It looks very nice....but the frustrations to get here have been a challenge.