Elevation viewports freeze program every time I try to print to .PDF

ilimatiare

Hi,

I have a pretty huge house remodel and at some point the elevation sheets started freezing the file any time I try to print them... I have always used the publish - print to PDF feature for the past 10+ years. It doesn't tell me that VW isn't responding when i go tot he force quit menu but it's completely frozen and will stay like that indefinitely (i've let it try for hours)

I MUST get this to print to PDF by next week as I need to submit it in for building permit and am starting to freak out as I can't get the elevations out of the file to pdf. I've tried everything I can think of... I refresh the viewports manually and then turn the publish options to NOT update vp's and it still freezes. I've let it run for an hour+ and it just stays stalled in the middle. 

The vp's update very quickly in the file and I am not having this issue with the section VP sheets... My elevations are section VP's in the OIP so i'm stumped as to how to fix this.

I have been using the project sharing feature which I've had some other issues with but not sure if this is related to that.

Any thoughts wise VW people?

thank you!

I'm on a Mac running 10.12.6 Sierra and using VW 2020. THis happens from both my laptop and my Imac

Edited by ilimatiare
15 hours ago, ilimatiare said:

. I refresh the viewports manually and then turn the publish options to NOT update vp's and it still freezes. I've let it run for an hour+ and it just stays stalled in the middle. 

This is a good idea - I'm surprised it hasn't helped.

My first thought is hatches.

Can you do a selective cull of the VP data (eg turning off layers by halves in the Viewports) to see if you can identify a gremlin.

hi 

i use a tool called PDF Squeezer (App store a few bugs) it is great as you are able to create pretty small ( a fraction of print to PDF )  good PDFs via the print command (using a little Helpertool "PDF Print Service Creator") game changer for me.

I usually do Viewports on sheetlayers  set it to 300dpi and set my documentpreferences do keep viewportmemory. (Which increases filesizes but reduces rendertime) and than print from sheetlayer via PDF squeezer so far my best experience...