Dimension Tool Issue in Hidden Line

Alex M

Question

4 answers to this question

From your image it looks like you're dimensioning in the design layers. Are you using Hidden Line or Dashed Hidden Line? What is your layer scale set to? I did some testing and found some anomalies when my design layer was set to something other than 1:1. Not sure if there's a design layer solution. You may have to create some viewports on a sheet layer and dimension there.

Kevin

• Like 1

Thanks for responding!

I'm using Hidden Line, the scale was set to 1:48. I upped it to 1:12 and that seems to work better. 1:1 turned the dimension call out into a simple box, it lost the slash and arrows. I tried to adjust it in the Document Preferences>Dimension tab but couldn't figure it out.

I didn't like pulling dimensions in the viewport because you need to blow everything up to 1:1 to get an accurate dimension, which makes it harder to layout the viewports on the page I'm ultimately printing this stuff to.

12 minutes ago, Alex M said:

I didn't like pulling dimensions in the viewport because you need to blow everything up to 1:1 to get an accurate dimension, which makes it harder to layout the viewports on the page I'm ultimately printing this stuff to.

That's only true if you dimension on top of the Viewport

If you place your dimensions as Annotations of the Viewport: 

Edit Viewport>Edit Annotations then the dimension will respect the real-world size of your model.

• Like 1