Surpressed Alert Dialogs

tbexon

Ok this one may be a bit of a morph of scripting and more general VW user question. 

I've made use of the predefined dialog vs.AlertInformDontShowAgain within one of my scripts, which works absolutely fine, however now that i've checked 'don't show again' to test that it did do as advertised I can't seem to find a way to get that alert to show again.

Is there a settings dialog or file squirreled away somewhere with a list of all suppressed dialogs?  Looking at the python example for the function is looks like the dialog is stored somewhere, but I can't for the life of me find any reference to where!

def Example():
	arrayText = ('DontShowDialogAgainCategory',
				'DontShowDialogAgainItem', #{Should be unique for every AlertInformDontShowAgain}
				'')

# python uses a tuple
	vs.AlertInformDontShowAgain('This is an invalid item.', '', False, arrayText);
Example()

In your User Folder > Settings folder, there should be an .xml file called "SavedSettingsDialog.xml"

You can edit this file by deleting an entry which will make that specific warning appear again without having to reset ALL dialog boxes.

That being said, this might only be for default Vectorworks warnings and not custom scripted things? No clue...

751557221_ScreenShot2020-09-04at9_56_31AM.thumb.png.4659790931df86434ea0623f9001d0ab.png

Edited by Andy Broomell
  • Like 4