Need Help with Lighting

Skia_D

Can someone please direct me to a topic on this forum or a video tutorial which answers my question, or answer my question directly here about how to maintain the look of shadows and light cast on objects which readily show in OpenGL but disappear in RW? Two images attached of an interior. First is OpenGL, second is RW Style Realistic Interior Final. Why do they shadows, cast light, and even the board and batten texture disappear? The board and batten is modeled, not a RW texture. Currently the model has the point lights in the two lamps, another point light simulating a lamp on the wall which would be to the left of the viewer, and some point lights outside the windows (rather than one directional light).

Screen Shot 2020-09-04 at 11.49.34 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2020-09-04 at 11.54.16 AM.jpg

Hey, Jeff,

Well, there are a number of good tools I haven't learned about, the heliodon being one of them, so at least your answer gave me that. (Thanks!) But no, I never added a heliodon, and yes, every light (5 point lights) I have in the scene shown in my images are turned on. Your answer then begs the question: what else might turn the lights off automatically in RW?

@Skia_D 

16 hours ago, Skia_D said:

Hey, Jeff,

Well, there are a number of good tools I haven't learned about, the heliodon being one of them, so at least your answer gave me that. (Thanks!) But no, I never added a heliodon, and yes, every light (5 point lights) I have in the scene shown in my images are turned on. Your answer then begs the question: what else might turn the lights off automatically in RW?

Glad you found the source of your issue.  In regards to your question about what else can turn lights off on you...

If your lights were on a class and that class was not turned on in a given saved view and that view had saved class profiles, this could lead to the same behavior.

I have had various run ins with that problem 🙂