Landmark tutorial manual

Todd

• 3 weeks later...

There used to be one for VW2007 by Jonathan Pickup, and perhaps a more recent version, Tamsin Slatter wrote some books several years ago (2013/2014) that you may be able to find somewhere secondhand on eBay etc.,  but other than that there is not much with regard to books for Landmark.

Did you have a look at this?

https://forum.vectorworks.net/index.php?/topic/48680-guide-site-design/

Maybe that is an option instead of a textbook.

@Todd Vectorworks University has a bunch of content to get you started and gets into some advanced topics such as site modeling.  As @Art V said, there are some old book floating around, but the problem with using them is the program has changed significantly in terms of look and toolsets.  Best investment you can make is to join Archoncad / Jonathan Pickup's website.  The tutorials there are very good.

• Like 1

Some people learn better with books than video, as long as it is for the elementary basics then a book about VW 2014 may still be useful to get started and have some idea about things and then move on to the next level. Not everything may still apply, but that should be clear when you use a book written for several versions back.

Vectorworks help is unfortunately not always extensive enough for total newbies, even I am sometimes still left wondering about something despite having used it since MiniCAD 5, though I only started using it really extensively since VW 12 (not 2012) as I was more in the AutoCAD world then.

The latest thing about the percentages in materials causing confusion as discussed in another topic shows that even the help file has its shortcomings in VW2021.

Ultimately the VW University videos and/or e.g. Archoncad are the places to go, simply because there isn't much else other than training at a distributor.

You can print the PDF help sections, at least I have in the past, to take and learn on the road.  In the end, I think the best way is to learn by doing, hopefully with someone more experienced at your side to guide you.  Perhaps your local user group?  Or, one of the many trainers who will come to your office (or at least used to) or you can go to VW courses at HQ and periodically elsewhere, too.