Report- Fixture mode

DBLD

Hi,

I am creating a report listing the fixture mode of instruments using the Fixture Mode attribute of Lighting Device Records and for some fixtures I am getting Lights4/ written before the fixture mode and .lit after. Does anyone know what causes this?

Cheers,

Dan

image.thumb.png.45cb643567c3cc28b056bcb70cf7e223.png

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

I have no idea about Lights4/

The only thing it reminds me of is a file path name, but why it is displaying in this way in a worksheet I have no idea. I can verify that it is definitely a bug and will open a bug report for it.

Hi Dan

I've gone through your file and figured out what is going on

When I opened it and looked at the fixture data in the OIP none of them seem to have fixture modes assigned, despite displaying the data in the worksheet. I'm not sure how this has happened (could be the result of a crash or something else) but if you reassign the fixture modes in the mode drop down and then recalculate your worksheet it should display the correct fixture mode data.

The bug regarding displaying the .lit file ending in worksheets is in Service pack 5, which was recently released.

let me know if this doesn't fix the problem

Hi Jcogdell

Thanks for looking at my file. This is strange because on my end the fixture data in the OIP shows that the fixtures do have a mode assigned. I can reassign them which this gets rid of the Lights4/ temporarily, but as I reassign the next fixture type the previous reverts to back to Lights4/.

I updated to SP5 and the .lit issue is not fixed, however the fixture type that was last selected before recalculating worksheets does not show Lights4/ or .lit.

I did some more digging and tried replacing your custom lighting device definitions with the library defaults, this fixed the 'Lights4/' issue, at least for me. Let me know if it works. (I used the replace instrument command in the Spotlight menu)

I found the the .lit issue is behaving as you described, the last group of fixtures to have their mode altered display correctly without the .lit but it doesn't seem to stick and reverts to displaying the .lit when you edit the next group of fixtures.

I have tried using the library default fixtures but when I change the fixture mode I get the same /Lights4 and .lit issues. I was working towards creating patch sheets that auto generate but I think for now I will use a User Field and enter the fixture mode manually.