Current Layer Reports not duplicating properly in v2020

@ Vectorworks team

Another Question/Bug - Right now in CC 2020 from what I see when I create a new Current Layer Report, does not matter if its device or cable,

It does Not duplicate the template and prefix with the worksheet name automatically when you went to the ConnectCad Menu like it did in cc2019. 

Is this a known issue?

This is a big usability issue in training other people. I am working around it for now. But it was nice feature in 2019.

I have reproduced this in a blank default document FYI.

Attached is what happens in CC2019 when you create a current layer report.

CC2019 Duplicate Worksheets.png

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hi Kevin,

From my perspective the reports work as per their re-design for ConnectCAD 2020. Right now the command adds a sub-menu for each worksheet in your document. If it can't find the standard pre-defined worksheet names it will pull the worksheet in from Default Content. If we duplicate the names the way we used to we'll end up with a very large sub-menu. So, I think we need to have a discussion about what exactly you need and why, so we can re-tune the command a bit.

Best

Conrad

That really does not make sense, it confused me soo much.

As right now there are a global reports which pulls from the global templates and it makes sense as it correctly assumes it looks at all layers. 

However for design layers, the process makes more sense the way it was implemented in 2019 as it will update the current layer report if it already exists, or creates a new current layer report based on the template. 

The usability of duplicating a worksheet and then updating the database field would be very confusing to the uninitiated.

Anyone else in the forum have an opinion?