Force quitting after activation

gwamboldt

Question

Hello,

I am working with a user (tech support) and attempting to solve his VectorWorks 2018 issue. He just received a new Microsoft Surface Laptop, and upon launching VW, it proceeds to initialize. After initializing, the progress bar reads "Activating Profile" (or something to that effect). It seems to be the last step of launch. The program fully loads, then close (or force quits).

I've tried reinstalling with the Antivirus program deactivated/unloaded. This had no affect. 

The strange thing to me is, when I launch the program on the same computer, but on a different user profile, using a different license key, it runs fine.

Thank you for any assistance with this crashing issue, and let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Greg

1 answer to this question

Before trying alternate user accounts or subsequent installations, it would've been suitable to first try Resetting Vectorworks Preferences (in the original user profile). It might still be the solution, but usually if something works in a new user account that didn't work in the original, there's something to fix/remedy in the operating system, or there are programs or services active that are affecting Vectorworks. - You could narrow the cause by booting in Safe Mode and seeing if Vectorworks is able to perform normally then. 

If you require further assistance, I suggest you contact Tech Support for the region you're in. 

Also, serial numbers are associated to the hardware ID (related to the motherboard of the computer), so you have used up one of two activations, for two different licenses, on this one computer. They can be reset by contacting your region's Tech Support provider.