texture on 3d polygon

I am trying to draw a 3d polygon and then apply a texture to it - I have successfully drawn the polygon, and when I click on it I can add a texture in the OIP, but then when I view it in 3d or 2d there is no texture to be seen.   I have made sure that it is solid in the attributes palette.

Is there something I am missing?

My 3d polygon is the ground between paths which I have made using extrudes, but I can't do this with an extrude as it is not evenly sloped.

Is there a different way I should be doing this?  Is it possible to have a 3d polygon with a texture?

I'd appreciate any help anyone can give me.

2 hours ago, SharonP said:

I am trying to draw a 3d polygon and then apply a texture to it - I have successfully drawn the polygon, and when I click on it I can add a texture in the OIP, but then when I view it in 3d or 2d there is no texture to be seen.   I have made sure that it is solid in the attributes palette.

Is there something I am missing?

My 3d polygon is the ground between paths which I have made using extrudes, but I can't do this with an extrude as it is not evenly sloped.

Is there a different way I should be doing this?  Is it possible to have a 3d polygon with a texture?

I'd appreciate any help anyone can give me.

It depends on how the shape itself is defined. First of all, it needs to be a closed shape. If the shape is twisted, it is highly recommended that you split it into triangles for the twisted part, and then convert the shape into a mesh.

As for texture mapping in VW, you have to make sure that the texture is reasonable in size (if it's tiny vs the model, it can actually be hard to spot), that it's actually located on the shin, and check if it's repeated in both directions (if required). Finding and placing textures on irregular shapes can be quite tricky in most rendering programs, but especially in VW.