phantom objects

mattryan

Question

Hi All

I have a file that seems to have a phantom object. Its visible on the sheet layer see photo 1.

But when I navigate to the design layer it disappears. I have checked the annotation layer to see if it was located there but same thing, it disappears.

Does anyone have any idea? It is showing up in my section as well as a solid grey shape.

if anyone has any ideas what to do I would really appreciate it, I just need to delete whatever this object is

Thank you

Screen Shot 2020-08-25 at 3.42.31 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-08-25 at 3.43.22 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-08-25 at 3.46.48 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-08-25 at 3.47.01 PM.png

10 answers to this question

Matt, it looks like you are moving from a Top/Plan view to a 3d "Top" view when you go to the design layer.  Check your Unified View options, and enable "Display screen objects."  I think you will then be able to see the phantom objects.  Or, if you really want to be in Top/Plan view, make sure that mode is set correctly.

I am guessing that you are missing something.  All the views where your objects are visible have a grid, and the ones where they are not visible do not.  This is typical of the difference between a Top/Plan view and a Top or other orthogonal view; and when you haven't enabled "Display Screen Objects" those 2d objects will be present but invisible in those orthogonal 3d views.  I'm pretty sure this is your problem, so double check everything.

Hi Peter yes I was definitely missing something.  This was a class visibility problem, class was visible in the viewport but was not visible when switching to the design layer.

In the design layer I turned on all classes and found the object.

Thank you  for your assistance

• Like 1