Invisible objects

shamika881

Question

4 answers to this question

I can't help - I wish I could, but I have the same sort of thing happening, but in new files as well.  I have just updated a couple of viewports, only to have them disappear - all classes are set to visible.  I'm also having trouble with other objects disappearing, and if I change class to another one and then unset and set "none class" then they come back, but not this time.  Anyone help?  I can't do any annotations to a viewport that I can't see!

You have to have your layer and class visibilities set correctly in at least two places.

First you have to have them turned on in the Navigation Palette.

You also have to have them turned on in the Viewport. Select the Viewport and click the Layers button and the Classes button in the OIP and make sure they are set to be visible there as well. If these are layers or classes that were created after the viewport was created normally they are set to be invisible in the viewport.

And we can also get into the discussion about container objects and the fact that both the container and the contained objects must be in visible layers/classes to be able to be seen.

HTH. Ask again if still a problem.