Automatic Tag placement

Cdevo7

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone knows of a way to automatically place data tags on a symbol right when it is placed into a document. I don't want it to be text linked in the record since I want it to be rotated to sit directly upwards and easy to move and edit once it's in the document. If anyone has any suggestions or idea on how to do this it would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks, Colin Devenish

If the symbol is a 2D or Hybrid symbol and you want to see the Data Tag in Top/Plan or Top View then the 3rd insertion mode will accomplish this with one clickand all the symbols with the record attached will be tagged.

If the symbol is 3D only then it is perfectly possible to attach a data Tag to a 3D symbol in the location you want it with all the appropriate data in place and then create a Symbol of the Symbol and the Data tag together. If you check the Convert to Group function in Symbol Options then every time you insert the new Symbol into the file the items will placed on the drawing inside a Group.