Question re surface hatches on hardscapes

Tom W.

I have a series of adjoining hardscapes: they are all the same style but some are level, some are sloping + some are aligned. They have a brick texture assigned to them + I have allocated a surface hatch to that texture. But when I view the hardscapes in 3D hidden line render mode only the level hardscapes display the surface hatch. Is there a reason why the sloped + aligned hardscapes don't display the surface hatch?

I haven't investigated further - I'm just playing around with the settings - it just seemed strange that it should behave in this way + thought I'd ask the question...

Thanks

969702721_Screenshot2020-08-18at07_24_21.thumb.png.006e68b507981a32c4da352d703f8af9.png

• Like 1
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hi Tom
I'm looking into this for you. I suspect it is because the underlying type of geometry changes. If the Hardscape is a Slab, then the geometry is an extrude. When it's Aligned Slab, it becomes a mesh. But I will do some more testing and speak to our engineering team to see if I can get to the bottom of it.

• Like 1