Nvidia Gaming vs Studio Drivers

The Hamma

Does anyone know if the studio drivers are better than the gaming drivers for Nvidia geforce cards?

From Nvidia driver download page

""""

Game Ready Drivers provide the best possible gaming experience for all major games. NVIDIA's driver team exhaustively tests games from early access through release of each DLC to optimize for performance, stability, and functionality. These drivers are certified by Microsoft’s Windows Hardware Quality Labs (WHQL).

Studio Drivers provide the best possible experience for key creative applications. NVIDIA does extensive testing across the top creative applications to ensure the highest levels of performance, stability, and functionality. These drivers are certified by Microsoft’s Windows Hardware Quality Labs (WHQL).

""""

I always asked myself about the differences of the drivers.

Theoretically Studio Drivers are told to be more stable and actually even for games

as at least as fast as the gaming drivers. Just that they do not support very latest games

because longer time between updates.

Personally and more esoteric but for me it feels like always I have OpenGL issues in VW,

I thought I was using the Studio Driver version.

I also would be very happy to hear an official statement from VW.

Also about if custom settings for VW in current NVidia Driver Software is really

needed and which settings are and why.

• Like 2