Hi There,

I'm having trouble creating a revision history worksheet from my title block borders. As shown in the screen shot below you can see that the revision number keeps repeating the current revision as oppose to the revision the drawing had when it was issued

141166907_RevisionWorksheet.thumb.PNG.97be130c2aa151d0a7877ac425ed71df.PNG.

I though I might be able to fix this myself using the Set Cell Formula, but I can't get that to work either 😞

1102599940_SetCellFormula.thumb.PNG.d4346118e7cf3d7444e99b4e36877848.PNG

Thanks for your help!

Revisions and Issues are very tricky to work with. Each time you create a new Revision or Issue, you are actually creating a new Record Format that is attached to the Title Block Border.

So unless you are scanning for the different Revision records Title Block Revision Data-1, Title Block Revision Data-2, etc. you will always get the same value.

Further information on the records attached to the TBB is in this thread.

Thanks Pat, that post is super helpful in understanding how it all works. However I don't think this will help solve my problems with the default revision worksheet.

What I need is a worksheet to show what drawings were issued and what revision the drawings had when they were issued. Due to the nature of the project It needs to work when some drawings go out without others and when the same revisions drawings are issued to different people at different dates. I have tried to make my own with the marionette tool but I cant seem to get the Set Cell Formula node to work.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hello @Jack Moleta,

It seems that you have created this worksheet from the Title Block Manager, right? From there you have the option to either create database report in one page or create multiple pages report (as I suppose you have done, as you have page 1 of 3 in your report) which does not have database row. The multiple pages report is updated only from the Title Block Manager, as it is not linked to the records, as it is not using database row.

If you can send me a test file and tell me what exactly you are trying to achieve, I can give you some more additional information.

Best Regards,

Nikolay Zhelyazkov

Hi there Nikolay,

Yes I created the worksheet from the Title Block Manager. I took your advise and got rid of the multiple sheets which has now created database rows. Thanks for that.

However I'm still not getting the result I would like. I would like the columns to show each drawing that was sent for the corresponding issue and the revision number of the drawings that were sent for that issue.

Ive attached the file I'm working in.Thanks a lot! TN-TB Working.vwx

Edited by Jack Moleta
typo
13 minutes ago, Jack Moleta said:

Hi there Nikolay,

Yes I created the worksheet from the Title Block Manager. I took your advise and got rid of the multiple sheets which has now created database rows. Thanks for that.

However I'm still not getting the result I would like. I would like the columns to show each drawing that was sent for the corresponding issue and the revision number of the drawings that were sent for that issue.

Ive attached the file I'm working in.Thanks a lot! TN-TB Working.vwx

Okay, let me explain how the Revision History report works.

In this report we list the Issues of the TBBs and their current revision number. The current revision number of the issue is the latest revision number of the TBB, when it was issued(when the issue was created). So, each time you create a new issue, it will be displayed in this report and it will take the latest revision number of each TBB as its current revision number.

If you want to show only some of the sheets in your report, you will have to use the multi page reports and then from Select Sheets to Use button in the TBManager select the sheets you would like to be in the newly created report.

If this is not getting the results you are looking for, could you make an image with the desired results?

Thanks,

Nikolay Zhelyazkov

• Like 2
7 hours ago, Jack Moleta said:

Thanks Nikolay,

Great explanation, that answers everything. Its working perfectly now. Is there a place I could have found this explanation? So I don't have to bother you guys again 😊.

- You can check the help index of VW by pressing F1, while the Title Block Manager dialog is opened or visit this link - https://app-help.vectorworks.net/2020/eng/index.htm#t=VW2020_Guide%2FSetup%2FTitle_Block_Manager.htm&rhsearch=title block manager&rhhlterm=title block manager&rhsyns=  .

Happy to help 🙂 ,

Nikolay Zhelyazkov