ENERGOS - Creating multiple different labels in same file?

robincj

Hi,

I am trying to use Energos to test design options for a small house and while I have been able to set it up correctly (I think), I have not been able to figure out how to have multiple different Energos labels for different design iterations in the same file. I have not been able to find anything online about this, is it possible? To further explain, I want to run 3 separate analyses, one for the existing, one for new v1, and one for new v2. I would like to have a sheet for each version and have the correct Energos label for that version on the sheet layer. I can place a label for any one of the iterations, but when I go back into Energos to switch it to another iteration, the old label updates as well, when I don't want it to change. Is there any way to have multiple different Energos analyses in the same document? It seems like it's only set up to handle one design at a time which is unfortunate. I'd like to avoid having to create multiple files for each different design iteration if possible.

Thank you very much!

• Like 2
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hello @robincj,

The energos labels are made to display the up-to-date data from the energy analysis, that is why all labels update when you change anything in your project.

Anyway, you can ungroup your energos labels, making them into simple geometry only, and that way you will keep a 'snapshot' of them, which will not get updated with your project changes. Let me know if that gets the job done for you.

Best Regards,

Nikolay Zhelyazkov

Very useful suggestion @robincj. Very essential to see different energy related scenarios.

I have just got demand from client for one of my building renovation project to make energy comparison study using energos/phpp for exactly same scenarios (existing, new v1, new v2). I haven't figured out how I am going to approach it. I might go ungrouping way even though it is destructive way of doing things and I cant have different calculations side by side (in one file). Please introduce versions!

While ability to make comparison studies in energos would be really really welcome  ... i have come across one rather small issue with multiple labels present within one energos setup.

Every label always share same label settings and there is currently no way to change one to different result selection without affecting others.

See my compiled custom phpp sheet (energos data in worksheet combined with multiple labels) for better understanding. Main label = overal energy demand, color bars = other results. While it is OK to have one label (main label for worksheet) with almost every data in label setting turn on, others (color bars in my case) needs only one chosen.

Is that the way it should work at the moment or is it a bug?

Thanks.

phpp.png