VW12 Crashing

For the first time, VW12 crashed on my this morning. Twice. No error message except that the application unexpectedly quit and would I like to report this to apple? I imagine it may have to do with the memory (1 GB installed) and/or the file size. Since this is the first file I've drawn using mainly PIOs rather than custom symbols, and worksheets generated from same, I'm wondering - do PIOs create larger file sizes than symbols? The file is currently 19.8MB, one of the largest I've worked on even though it's certainly not the largest building I've worked on in VW. Any thoughts?

hfv

Hi Katie - I reported it to apple, and I'm not using a dongle. I'm on a PowerPC G4 (the older, blue towers), 1GB RAM installed as 4 256 SDRAM cards, OS10.4 - new upgrade 10.5 came out yesterday (I think), have not installed it yet.

But reporting it to apple always has mixed results and long response times, which is why I was wondering if using PIOs munches up memory and/or file size more than a static symbol....? Which, the more I think about it, doesn't make sense? I'm using about 100 window PIOs, which fall into 8 or so of the same parameters, and 45 door PIOs. Nothing terribly complicated.

-hfv

Have you gotten any errors about QuickTime?

Has the problem happened in any other files, or just this file?

Is there a specific operations or series of operations that have triggered a repeat offender?