VSS Discount for users during COVID19

Ok so I'm wondering - I work in the live events industry and have had no work since February. I'm not alone. 

Will Vectorworks/Nemetschek offer a reduced price for VSS this year in support of its subscribers who are affected by the pandemic?

£800 is a lot of money to come up with when you've had no work for such a long time and it would be great to see Vectorworks' response - our loyal support of their product should this year of all years be noticed. This is not a gripe, more a call out for help in a time of real need.

• Like 1

I had a similar post last week and someone posted this in response

My issue is partly same , no new work since March as well as I don’t see Vectorworks solving any of the issues I’ve had with the last few versions, so loathed to pay for a service that I don’t see to be Fixing in VW

• Like 1

So they are giving you the option to spread the cost over three months - but they did that last year anyway - what I'd like to see is some active help for those of us who have bought into the Vectorworks system, and for me it has been since 2008 - just a little give back when we most need it - that's how loyalty works....we'll see....

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Lec said:

So they are giving you the option to spread the cost over three months - but they did that last year anyway - what I'd like to see is some active help for those of us who have bought into the Vectorworks system, and for me it has been since 2008 - just a little give back when we most need it - that's how loyalty works....we'll see....

Not particularly helpful if you haven’t got the money or the future work to pay for it....👎.

at ~£3k per licence and VSS at 600£- I guess the alternative is to just cancel and stick to current vw2020 for next 5 years, by which time you may be able to afford to buy a new license and not be any worse off....?

• Like 1
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Thanks for asking. We have a number of options available to you at this difficult time. Please contact the local renewals team (I understand they have reached out to you today), to discuss these options.
This blog article gives some insight into the ways that we are helping our customers during the pandemic:
https://blog.vectorworks.net/how-vectorworks-is-helping-customers-during-covid-19

We look forward to talking to you.

• 2 months later...

On this thread - I wonder how much of an increase VW will be imposing this year?  All the meaningful improvements last year were not in the building sector - same again for this year (please note I said meaningful - which I mean fixing the long standing problems which VW has).

Spreading the costs doesn't really help anyone in the long term - the bills still have to be paid, and if client's aren't paying bills: where does the money come from??  Things like wages and rent come first.

Every September (for the last 3 years at least) I wait with bated breath to see if the broken parts of the software have been fixed and this year unfortunately there is no change. The VSS subscription cost is extremely high (I have 4 licences for my practice) - I understand that you need product development to improve and bring new features but please please fix what's broken and then we won't begrudge every renewal (not loudly anyway).

I am actually of the mind that many people are maintaining their subscription in the hope that they will get a piece of design software that does what is says on the tin.  There are other very competitive alternatives out there and there will come a time when we will have just had enough and go elsewhere.  

Edited by Kevin C
  • Like 2
  • Love 1