Vectorscript plug-ins for Landmark

Marietta

This plug-in is for the Plant tags and the way the plants show up. I was wondering if you can adjust the line type and line weights used to connect the plants (center-dashed or solid, or boundary-dashed or solid). I noticed on one drawing when I changed a particular line type, the line type changed to connect the plants, but it would be nice to know what controls these.

Also, I had some problems figuring out how to get my plant data base from version 10 to become the default for version 11.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

The following plug-in strings controls the graphics of the plant object:

4000: Line style of plant border/plant connecting line;

4001: Line weight of Plant tag in mils;

4002:"Shoulder" of plant tag in inches;

4004: Default height of plants in inches;

4005:"Gap" in inches of gapped plant connecting lines;

HTH

At the bottom of the "Organize" menu is a command called "Scripts:VectorScript Plug-in Editor". Open it (this may take a while) and scroll in the list at left to "Plant". Select "Plant" and click on the "Strings" button. Select the line with 4000 and click the "Edit" button. Select the string of interest and click the "Edit" button. You can change the settings. These changes are being recorded in a file called "Plant.VSO" which resides in your plug-in folder. You will have to make these changes every time you do a re-install of VectorWorks (such as when we issue a new version.) I'd be interested to know what changes you are making, so we can make better defaults IF there's a consensus out there....

Robert

Thanks. I like to use a heavier line weight for the plant tags, such as 15, but a light line weight for the boundary, such as 3. I know some people prefer a different line weights. It is good to be able to adjust these.

I know this is a different topic, but can you also explain how to get the plant data base updated from version 10? Thanks.

Robert

Being a little slow, mind is on skiing. Where can we find out the different options for line styles - what is a "-2".

What is the "shoulder" fo a plant tag. I change this number and nothing seems to happen.

Is the default height of plants referring to 3D.

What is the "gap" of gapped plant connecting lines. Once again, changing the number seemed to have no effect.

The primary thing I would like to change is the section of line from the symbol connection point to the line that the tag sits on.

[ 11-03-2004, 09:58 PM: Message edited by: tvetter ]

Dash styles are represented by negative numbers. -2 is the second dash style on the popup, -3 the third, and so on. The "shoulder" of a plant tag is the distance of the horizontal line before the beginning of the text. Default height does refer to 3D. You will see the gap only with the poly style set to gapped centers. What would you like to change about that line?