Viewports

Landartma

Question

I have two view ports I want to display different data.  One has plant tags one has callouts.  The sheet with the plant tags Cover Sheet is to display plant tags.  The other, Specification Sheet, is to display the general specs for the job.  I want to show the plant symbols on the Specification Sheet but not the plant tags.  The plant tags show up on both but when I go to shut them off on the OIP tag function it takes them from both.  How do I unlink the two viewports?

Screenshot (21).png

Screenshot (22).png

12 answers to this question

You can control the visibility of Layers and Classes on an individual viewport by selecting the viewport and clicking the Layers or Classes button.

Make sure your Plant Tags are in a class and then select the viewport where you don't want to see them, click the Classes button and set that class to invisible.

If you set object to Use Class Attributes, you can edit the class attributes for a specific viewport and change the attributes settings for those objects and it will only effect the instances of the objects in that viewport.

HTH. Ask again if I have note been clear enough.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hi, why don't you use the data tags instead of the built in tags in the plant tool and the landscape area tool? It is much better, you can place the tags in the viewport's annotation and they update if you make changes to the planting plans, just like the built in tags.

You wouldn't have an issue with them showing up in the other viewport either.

• Like 1
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Yes, you can set them up exactly as you want them. They're much more powerful, AND more future-proof as well - if the same tool is used through all the disciplines and for all different geometry, there will be more reason to develop it and fine tune it.

Start by using the data tags that comes with Landmark, and when you know exactly what you want, create your own style.

• Like 1