Importing between versions of VW

I am sending VW files created in VW 11.5.0 (Landmark) in Windows XP to a colleague who uses VW 9.5 (Architect) on a Mac.

At present he can't open them - his machine won't recognise them as VW files. I have tried exporting my files as VW 10 but I can't export as any versions before that. I can share files if I export as a DWG and he then imports them, but this isn't ideal as the layer information is lost.

Please, can someone tell me how I can export my files in a form that can be read by a Mac running VW 9.5? I'll be eternally grateful...

Rowland, you may want to try changing your workspace to a default one, I am pretty sure you can export all the way back to V8 from 11.5. v12 exports back to V9, so that it supports the three earlier versions seems to be supported. though of course this is on a Mac, though this is one time, I believe the options should be the same.

HTH

The educational copies are limited in the versions they can export back to.

Rowland, it sounds like you are using an educational copy and will not be able to export to earlier versions of VW prior to version 10.