Issue rendering with panorama

I am working on rendering an outdoor project (perhaps a bit optimistic in the age of COVID-19) and am using a panorama as a background.  The RenderWorks camera and the sheet layer viewport are both set at 600dpi.  Rendering is in Final Quality so that we are all on the same page.  The issue is the transition between the panorama and the model.  I am getting a lot of artifacts.  I originally rendered this at 300dpi with the same issue.  Any suggestions?  Hoping this is something simple I can sort out.  

Screen Shot 2020-08-08 at 11.17.24 AM.png

I don’t know how to fix the ‘white fringing’ artifacts you’re getting, but I remember reading about it in these threads (linked below).

This post below from @PVA - Jim teases a solution, but the OP replied that the ‘white fringing’ was still happening after setting anti-aliasing to High.

Edited by rDesign
27 minutes ago, Andy Broomell said:

I'm pretty sure it's a bug with regular image backgrounds. The anti-aliasing artifacts shouldn't appear with Panoramic/HDRI backgrounds.

What type of background is being used in your image, @scottmoore?

That did seem to be the issue.  rDesign and Andy, thanks for your input.  I think I can make this work with a stock HDRI background.  Eventually I need to learn how to make one myself, but that is probably a job for future me.  

Thanks guys! 

• Like 1
17 hours ago, TomWhiteLight said:

hey @scottmoore your crowd in the render look great. Are they yours?

Funny you should mention that and thanks for the compliment.  They are but created from readily available images online. The funny part is I’ve been using those for years and starting this afternoon I am making a new set that should be much better. Got a couple of ideas I want to try out. 

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Are they image props?,

I was playing around with something similar, making each one a symbol then adding the event record to it to use in conjunction with the seating section tool. Didn't look as good though! I need to play with it a bit more!

They are image props. The record idea is interesting, but I am always hesitant to add any complexity to the drawing that might not be necessary to keep the drawing efficient. Also, you definitely want to randomize your props which might be problematic with the seating tool. Of course I guess you could lay out a symbol instance and then randomly select and replace. 

• Like 1