Vision Arri sky panel RGB

Hi All,

I am trying to use RBG on Arri Skypanel s360's but am having no luck, is that a feature that is available or am I trying to access something that is not implemented.

Macbook pro, Blackout console on Ipad, via Wifi in case it helps.

Cheers

Mat

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

which fixture mode are you trying to use?

at the moment we do not have all the skypanel 360 fixture modes available, from memory we have 1,2,4,6,7,9,24 and 25. If you need another mode you will need to make a Vision fixture request to have it created.

You should also make sure that Vision has the correct DMX provider protocol selected and check that it can see the DMX signal (artnet or sacn) using the DMX viewer.

• 3 weeks later...

What console are you using?

and which DMX protocol (Artnet, sACN, ...)

Does the the DMX viewer show that Vision is receiving DMX on the correct channels?

Are you using the default Vision .lit fixture files or a GDTF?

Which specific mode of the sky panel s360 are you using? (each mode is a separate fixture if you are using the Vision .lit files)

Hi Jc,

Its a hack, I can drive a MA, but I don't have one at home where I dream up a lot of this stuff (covid, thanks)

I am using my iPad to provide Artnet at home through Blackout, lamps move and respond correctly, except Arri. Arri sky panels are not a mover, and I feel that they have been pushed to the bottom of the pile in terms of compliance (so they should), us Arri users make up a very small percentage of VW customer base. 

To your question, Any Mode! Tell me, which mode should I use to gain access to RGB?? ( I also stand before you as someone who has made the most rudimentary mistakes, so it, quite possibly, is my fault)

Cheers

Mat

As far as I can tell the fixtures are working correctly with DMX and I have control of the RGB channels. I think the problem you are encountering is that to be able to use the RGB controls you have to make sure the 'cross fade to color' channel is set to 100%.

• Like 1