Instrument Summary showing symbol name?

DCI

I have an instrument summary (within a title block) inserted on a sheet layer. This instrument summary was working absolutely fine until I recently refreshed...

All instruments were using "Model Name" until I refreshed. They now all use the "Symbol Name" of the instruments which is the problem I need to fix!

As you can see in the image attached my symbol names are all long and not ideal in the instrument summary whereas i've edited all the model names to look clean.

"DC Martin ERA 800 Performance" should read "ERA 800 Perf"

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Many thanks

Dan

Screenshot 2020-08-07 at 12.21.06.png

I can never remember the exact order but I think the Instrument summary will first look for Model Name, then Device Type and then will resort to Symbol Name if none of the  others exist. 

Check in Lighting Instrument Maintenance to make sure that you have all the requisite names in place. Lighting Symbol Maintenance can be found under Menu > Spotlight > Reports

The Summary reverts to the symbol name if the Model Name is blank or the Light Info Record isn’t attached to the symbol. The screen shots you provided don’t show the same symbols. This may just be how they are cropped, but double check that the symbols in the Summary have Light Info attaches. 

• Like 1

Apologies for the crop, I was just showing as an example. I've attached a full image of the Lighting Symbol Maintenance window. I can confirm that all symbols in the file have a Model Name. These symbols I am using are minor adaptations of the ones in the VWX libraries so i'm not sure why this is happening.

I'm not sure what relevance light info record has as previously the model name was displaying correctly in the instrument summary. Seems like another confusing layer of data that isn't required?

1186227376_Screenshot2020-08-07at14_30_38.thumb.png.f29ef5bbee2247dbe503657478346aaf.png

Furthermore I've just inserted several lighting instruments directly from the VWX library. I then made sure these symbols had a model name just like I have done with my own symbols (which of course they did as they are straight from the library). I then added them to a brand new instrument summary and these are still showing up as the symbol name.

Edited by DCI