Question

Hi, 

Have turned my callout into lovely keynotes (i.e numbers 1, 2, 3 etc ) making the drawing look much neater. However for the life of me cannot find or figure out how to place a lovely legend to one side referencing those notes. 

Thanks in advance for any lifeline! 

VW2020 Architect 

3 answers to this question

Click the Callout Tool Preferences (Wrench and Pencil at right end of modes) and check the Place as Keynote option.

Place a Callout and you should get both a Callout and a legend.

The legend maybe small and / located somewhere unexpected. It should be on the current layer and on the none class. If you can’t find Use the custom selection tool to search for keynote legends.

If you click on a keynote marker, it should tell you which legend it is associated with. 

"Default Legend will typically place the legend on the same sheet / layer.  But if you have other legends in the file, it may associate with one on a different sheet / layer instead.

I usually place one marker and then option drag it to make copies.  Once you change the text of the copies, it will register as a new #, but all copies will correctly associate with the legend of choice.

1201740725_ScreenShot2020-08-06at3_04_43PM.thumb.png.fbf76219425737e73961e980dcdbbb65.png